Monday, October 18, 2010

Let's go Yankees, Let's GO!

One of the tough things about being away New York City, New York State or even the United States of America is the inability to watch my beloved New York Yankees on a television screen when it matters most, during the fateful postseason. Yes, I could purchase an MLB.tv subscription type thing for 20 buckaroos. I believe that would let me watch each postseason game online, but I also believe I would have to watch them live - something I cannot do while in a country with a time difference of 6 or 7 hours ahead depending on the game being played in New York or Texas, respectively.

Another addition to my predicament is the very fact that for the most part the IES students here, many of which are music majors, are not into baseball, let alone the New York Yankees - I believe only two other students actually come from the city of New York. So, one imagine that I don't get the chance to talk to many people about the latest Yankee news. Well, about thirty minutes ago I was riding the U-Bahn as usual. On the train though, was a man sporting a Yankees jacket. My goodness, eh? I sized the man up and down trying to discern where this man came from. From his long, Austro-German-lookin' face and blond hair, I assumed he was no American. And because of that, I decided to give up on trying to talk to him. That is, until he got off at my station. So, there we were. One definite die-hard Yankee fan and one possible die-hard Yankee fan. We walked up the stairs, one by one like we were supposed to and then, in a quick boost of confidence, I let out a semi-loud, certainly audible "Go Yankees." I got...nothing. Shucks. I tried.

What else is new in Vienna? Well, I am moving. I was going to move on Friday. Then I was going to move today. Now, I believe I am moving tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see if that happens. I'll be moving from the 6th to 16th district. How bout that?

A few days ago I was reading about Richie V. (Richard Wagner) and I came across something crazy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagnerian_Rock
Who knew? Not I. I think it says a lot about the genre since I've never heard of it and I'd be surprised if any of you have either.

It took me 20 years and a half to sit down and watch Steve Martin in his famous The Jerk role; nevertheless, I loved it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8NuFAETMQ
Bernadette Peters even does a swell job of faking the right valves.

Good luck in all your endeavors, guys and dolls.
Chakachaka wing wang chitty chitty bang bang will there be enough,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment