Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ahoy there maties

I sincerely apologize for leaving you without a single blog post in a week or so.

I don't know what else to say other than, I've been bakiinnggg (waking ned devine reference)...no, no I haven't been baking. I've been real busy.

  • One night, I ate dinner at a pay-what-you-wish Indian Restaurant. It was darn good.
    • Another night was a Halloween to remember/forget/remember. Throughout that night, myself and the boys managed to make a pit stop at one particular kebab/pizza stand three times. That's three times in the course of five or six hours. 
    • Ah, the cough that I had is still around but slowly going away. At an amazing rendition of Verdi's Requiem, I was forced to hold in another cough that almost brought me to tears. The Musikverein can't get to me though. I didn't let it out.
    • Earlier that Requiem day, I was on the U-Bahn listening to the Requiem on my way to the big Friedhof (cemetery). On that train was a crying, possibly newborn baby. I don't know what it was but I didn't mind that balling baby. In a way it was sort of beautiful. It must've been a combination of the Requiem, the cemetery that I was going to, and my jolly mood. It was at that moment when I realized I sure do love this city.
    • A few days ago, my computer's 4 and a half year old hard drive died. I guess it was about time. But hey, now I've got a hard drive with 10 times as many gigabytes as my old one. Never have I seen all of my 40,000 songs in iTunes. Soon, that will change.
    • AH, last night I noticed some Christmas shopping stands. I don't know...it seems just a weeeeeee bit early. That is not to say I don't feel like a little giddy boy around holiday shopping stuff. 
    • Tomorrow, I believe I'm going to stop by a cafe with a live little jazz band. I may sit in on a tune or two with them. I may not. We shall see.

      We're about to hear these dudes and ladies play (the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra) some ol' Tchaikovsky Number 5 and Sibelius Violin Conchertoe. I'm very curious to see if people from that part of the world know how to play classical music. I'll let ya'll know.

      Toodlez Bardians, Friends, and Family

      All my very best,
      Dannykins

      No comments:

      Post a Comment