Monday, November 8, 2010

Mein Gott

About a half hour ago, I was waiting for the 46 tram. I noticed a pigeon and crow get into a bit of a squabble. Before I knew it, the crow was on top of the pigeon pecking away. I was unaware that crows eat other birds...shows what I know. I watched in horror for a few minutes until the tram arrived. I realized I had an important decision to make - get off the tram and stick around for the end credits or stay on the tram and miss a whole bunch of the plot. I stayed on the tram just because I thought people would think less of me when I told them that I got off a tram just to watch an gruesome death. I regret my decision now. It was bizarre. Whenever the crow got a little distracted, the pigeon tried to get up but the crow was quick to place an even firmer grip on the weaker bird and said "Nein, you ain't never getting up buddy." I also noticed there was another crow nearby. I assume he/she was the lookout in case any other pigeons were lurking. You'd think I might have seen something like this in the past as I've lived in Stuyvesant Town my whole life. There you find pigeons and squirrels of every kind. I don't believe I've ever come across a dead anything...maybe a mouse or two, but that's all.


*******I'm adding this a few hours after writing the above story******
Only now at 7:15pm am I realizing that I could have and should have at least attempted to save the pigeon's life by running over and scaring away the bloodthirsty crows. But who knows, maybe the crows would've pecked me to death just like in some well-known film from 1963 that took place in the San Francisco Bay area...that's right, Bodega Bay. I may go live in Bodega Bay just for its name. Bodega Bay. Bodega Bay. Bodega Bay. Say it out loud right now. Bodega Bay.
**************


Now, I'm going to take this time to reminisce on a few days ago. I had just dropped my computer off at an Apple place and didn't have anywhere to be for an hour or two. I wandered around the Inner Stadt of Wien until I found a park by the Rathaus. That hour or so in the park was about as picturesque and reflective as can be. I sat with a pen and moleskin and stared into space. I watched some dogs fight over whatever, some birds fight over crumbs of bread, a little girl who did not stop jumping in a huge pile of leaves. The extraordinary peak did not occur though until a powerful gust of wind came blowing hundreds and hundreds of orange, yellow, green and red leaves off the branches and onto me they landed. How bout that, eh? So my computer's hard drive died...at least nature doesn't have any beef with me.


Somebody's got lots of work to do tonight and it may not be you.
IT's ME.


Yours ever so truly,
D-Man Vienna Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment