Saturday, November 13, 2010

Party Hearty

Welly, yesterday was a day filled with parties or to be more precise, social gatherings.

It was IES's, my study abroad program, 60th anniversary. So the day began with a little shindig at our home Palais Corbelli. I ate lots a little hors d'oeuvres and drank lots of Orangensaft. I also chatted it up with some professors. Several hours later, there was another IES party, only it was a bit more upscale.
That's where it took place. It was half boring/half incredible. Many many IES alumni folks were there and spoke about how great studying abroad is. In the end, it made me appreciate this place all the more. After the ceremony-type thing and musical performances, we were all treated to lots of champagne, wine, and even fancier schmancier hors d'oeuvres. I should mention, myself and a few other friends went to this event without being officially invited. But my, am I glad we did.

After the lush, Baroque reception we scampered home to take a stab at making whiskey sours and entertain some Australians. They weren't bad at all. At around 11, 11:30, I have no idea, we set off on a journey to some IES gal's house in the 198028342309841902th district. I think it was actually the 19th but I cannot be sure. At this gal's house there was a nice big party. A party that reminded me of the good ol' high school days. Speaking of high school, at this mansion I ran into a girl there from my high school. Pretttay prettay pretttay pretty crazy eh? At some point, we decided to cab it home as we had no idea where we were. At another point maybe fifteen minutes later, we arrived back in our 16th district where we made a late night omelette and burnt potatoes. How bout that for a day of partying in Vienna...

No comments:

Post a Comment