Thursday, September 9, 2010

Talk about hectic days, eh?

Today, like all crazy days, began with a nice little hangover.

Today was also the first day that I met with my Musicology Internship instructor, Morten Solvik, in his palace-of-an-office.
Then, off to the oral portion of a German final.
I then had to quickly email Bard freakin' College about the musicology internship. I'm not sure what they do in the Registrar if they're not responding to emails that have been addressed to REGISTRAR@BARD.EDU.

Then, since I'm going on a little trip to the big cities surrounding Vienna tomorrow, I attended an info session on such.
Oh oh, then...the Mahler class, Morten Solvik and I walked to the Austrian Theatre Museum to see an exhibit devoted to Mahler celebrating his big 1-5-0 anniversary. That's right, he is 150 years old and he still looks like this:
After a speedy run-through of the exhibit we returned to the classroom for a short session on Mahler wahler.
Then, two dudes and I hurried to the Musikverein where we saw a lovely French horn dominated Schumann concert.
Ah, you've never been to the Musikverein?

Well, now you have. Disregard all of those flowers; they were not there this evening.

Auf Wiedersehen, boys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment