Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How bout that, eh?

If you, the reader, knows me at all, I think you know that I'm not one to brag. If you know me REALLY well, you may know that I get a lot of pleasure out of giving people directions. Toursits, eh...they're okay, but I really love helping fellow Manhattaners who simply do not know the neighborhood they're in. Now bear in mind, this only happens in New York City, a city that I know quite well - today, that "only" has changed to "for the most part."

The following will be me bragging:

Today, I was sporting my salmon-colored, short-sleeved, button-down shirt and shorts. As I was walking down Johannessgasse, a perplexed woman gets my attention. Without even trying out her native language (which I could easily tell was not German), she begins speaking some decent English. She asks for directions ---- YIPEEEEE. I proceeded to give her precise directions with the typical arm gestures and distances in the proper unit, meters. She then handed me 250 Euros, kissed me on the cheek, and said "Oh, what a smart little boy you are."

Eh, maybe she didn't do the last three things, but I was plenty satisfied with my payoff. I just think it's kind of hilarious that she found me, an English speaker who was more than willing to help direct her to where she needed to go.

As for school-work, boy oh boy do I have a lot to do. With only three months left in this heavenly city, I must get to work.

Here are some entertaining little jigs for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWy8ArCe50o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdTAjsGkWmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_3LS_B4q0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment