Sunday, September 19, 2010

Return to my Home away from Home

Today, I arrived in Vienna once again. Over the past 10 days, myself and around 40 other IES students traveled through the heart of Central Europe stopping in Prague, Krakow, and Budapest. Other than all the obvious and fairly enjoyable touristy stuff, each city had a very nice feel and much to offer --- so much that one could not see all that much in less than 3 days; nevertheless, it was quite an amazing trip.

I didn't realize it until today as we got ready to depart from the world's worst rest-stop, but I did not have any time during those 10 days to reflect on my own away from the bustling city streets. No, I could not do any sort of reflection while standing in the bunks of Auschwitz...
My point is that it was extraordinarily nice to be off a gross, hungover, garbage and 20-year old ridden bus for a few minutes and just to feel the sun and breeze pass me by.

This week marks the first week of real classes. Let us see how much blog-writing time I'm going to have.

Enjoy ladies and gents,
Daniel R.

No comments:

Post a Comment